Lately I've been on a real slow cooker kick, but this week I decided to go old school and make some quicker recipes. Thanks to my best friend Jody I was inspired to make chicken pot pie tonight and it was delicious! Basic recipe:
- Lay a pie crust into a pie pan
- Pick the meat from the bones of 1 roast chicken from the grocery
- Combine meat with 1 can cream of chicken (I used low fat/low sodium) and 1 can cream of potato
- Add veggies you'd like - I chose carrots, celery, onion and peas
- NOTE: I used all fresh veggies except the peas, which were frozen. I sauteed them slightly before mixing them in just to soften them a bit.
- Layer into a pie pan and top with pie crust
- Bake at 400 for about 30-45 minutes - until pie crust is browned and contents are bubbly
It was that easy, and totally delish. While the pot pie was baking, I also made Baby F some more apples and pears. The boy LOVES his fruit! I want to thank my dear friend Ashley for giving me two baby food books as gifts at my Book Club book baby shower. I love the books and find great joy in making Baby F's food from scratch. It tastes delicious and is very economical!
Okay, enough June Cleaver for tonight. Off to plan my next cooking adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment