Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sorry Boboli - There's a New Crust In Town



My first attempt at a grilled pizza and first time using fresh crust.
Success all the way around!
In my quest to use what we have in our cupboards to design dinners and save a little money at the grocery, I decided to make a $5 Dinner-inspired grilled chicken, tomato and avocado pizza tonight. Each time I make a roast chicken I try hard to save every bit of meat for another meal, and so I decided to use the chicken from a roast I made on Sunday in this dish. I've also been dying to try the fresh pizza dough from Spinelli's Market, but I've been intimidated to try the fresh stuff. Wow - was I ever missing out!

I made quick reference of my friend Alexis's blog post referring to her first grilled pizza experience, paired her tips with those from Erin at $5 Dinners and I was off...

A few small modifications later (I used a lot less dressing and cut the veggies in big wedges rather than tiny diced pieces) I was too scared to put the dough directly onto the grill as suggested by Erin, so I followed Alexis's suggestion of using the pizza stone. I will say the stone got really hot really fast, so the bottom of the crust did burn just a little, but I rescued it before it became inedible.

The results? Delicious! Fantastic! Bye-bye Boboli! Hello fresh crust - and who knew that Ranch on a pizza was so yummy? We'll be making this recipe again for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't homemade pizza so fresh? It is practically a health food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy, really really good.


    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.

    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that looks delicious! I love pizzas that use non-tomato-based sauces (ranch, alfredo, bbq).

    btw, on the Target pumps...they're not super comfy. But I do have another pair of Target heels that amazingly comfortable. So I guess it's hit or miss? Definitely worth a try though (since you really can't beat those prices). Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete