Thursday, April 14, 2011

Delicious Dish: Chicken Salad

Photo credit: lexandlearn.blogspot.com
Tonight I made Chicken Salad With Apricots and Almonds from Whole Living Magazine for dinner. It was my first time poaching chicken and it was SO easy and fast! I am going to have to do it again... maybe tomorrow as I now have two chicken breasts sitting in the fridge waiting for an assignment. I doubled the recipe and we have some leftovers. I loved the fact that with chicken and Greek yogurt the protein content of this salad is really high and the apricots added just enough sweet, and the almonds made for a great little crunch. I even used fresh chives from our garden! Glad those pop up early in the season.

I learned about this recipe from my dear friend Alexis over at Lex And Learn and I have all the fixin's to make the slow cooker meal she suggested, too! I'm thinking that's on Sunday's menu. Stay tuned for a review!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't poaching the best!? I had never done it before either and am hooked. Can't wait to hear about your cooking adventures over the weekend...and I need more garden details. We haven't started one yet and I fear it is too late?

    ReplyDelete