I am a co-room parent for Baby F's class and as such, I signed on to help update the classroom bulletin board. I have to admit, my first pass at jazzing up the board was pretty lame (just stapled some 8x10 print-outs to some scrapbook backing...) After his teacher told me she wanted to add some fabric, I went into full creative mode...
I did a quick Google search from my Droid while at
JoAnn Fabric and quickly came across the idea of using felt on the board. Did you know that there is a such thing as
eco-friendly felt? It's
made in part from plastic bottles. Awesome. In addition to being eco-friendly, I thought I'd so something a little springy, so my mind went to flowers.
I tried my skill at hand-cut flowers, which quickly turned out to be a bad idea... So I did another handy Google search and came across
this darling pattern for felt flowers.
It took me a few hours - but the outcome was awesome! I'll let the pictures do the talking.
 |
| Step one: cut petals |
 |
| Step two: arrange petals |
 |
| Step three: glue flowers |
 |
| Step four: assemble flowers |
 |
| And fast forward (aka: I forgot to take pictures of other steps...) final product including pipe cleaner stems and some cute felt leaves. |
Can't wait to tackle a refresh of the board in a few months - and maybe repurpose this idea for a gift or two... I'm thinking something along the lines of an ocean/fish theme for the next class board. Suggestions?
I am a total under-the-sea fan for kids stuff. Probably left over from my Little Mermaid obsession. That would be so cute. Great work on this!
ReplyDelete