Sunday, February 13, 2011

There's a new man in my life...

There's a new man in my life, and his name is Bob. I've been lusting over a Bob Revolution stroller for a few months now. When I first had Baby F I was content with what I had: my basic stroller, a jogging stroller passed down to us by some amazing friends and a snap & go I found on Craig's List for $15 - perfect for travel! Recently, however, I found myself avoiding taking Baby F for a walk because walking on the old sidewalks of our neighborhood can be a jarring experience, to say the least. Walking on the newly paved street is an option, but I hate dodging cars and hoping someone doesn't pull out of a parking spot unexpectedly.

Enter Bob. Thanks to an amazing sale on the 2010 Bob models at REI, I finally decided to bite the bullet. Now - amazing sale still means spending a pretty penny, but in this case I can already say it was worth the money. We took Baby F for a walk this afternoon and didn't even think twice about hitting the street over the sidewalk! Thanks to Bob's revolving front wheel for maneuverability and the shock system which makes for a smooth ride, he wasn't jostled around at all. In fact, he fell fast asleep before we returned home and stayed sleeping for about 30 minutes once we came inside! The Bob handles like a dream and weighs next to nothing. It's easy to fold down and pops right back up with just one hand.

I am so excited for the days to grow longer and the weather to stay warm so that Baby F and I can hit the trails with our newfound friend Bob! I foresee lots of walks to the Zoo and the Museum this spring and summer, and I'm guessing that Daddy will love taking Baby F running with him a few times a week. So glad to have found our new love just in time for Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those sidewalks are no joke, that thing must be magic! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete