So I have this new idea that I figured I might as well declare publicly to kick start myself... I've decided to take on a personal handwritten thank you note challenge. My goal is to write 100 thank you notes over the course of the next year, identifying opportunities to thank people for everything from the obvious like gifts to the more obscure, like maybe I'll write a thank you note to my first grade teacher and thank her for teaching me about "Wow Kazows" - which were these fun little notes she used to stick to our papers when we did a really great job. I'm pretty sure I still have one tucked away in a keepsake box somewhere.
I've already started a list of people to thank on my phone, and I've been adding to it when inspiration hits me. I'm excited to kick this off because it also celebrates a few things I get kind of excited about: stationery and getting letters in the mail. Who knows - maybe I'll get a handwritten thank you in thanks for my thank you? And, I have tons of stationery that I have been given as gifts over the years that is just itching for a purpose. Can't wait to put it to use!
Alright. I feel like declaring this publicly will give me the motivation I need to get started. Goal? Get the first one out tomorrow. I can do it. Now if I can just track down Mrs. Fuller and her Wow Kazows...
That's a great idea! Papyrus has to-die-for stationary...and you deserve some nice stuff w/ all the writing you are going to have to do.
ReplyDelete