So tomorrow is Baby F's 6 month birthday - yeah! When he was born, I made 6 months my breastfeeding goal and I'm proud to say that while we have introduced solids and supplemented sometimes, he's been breastfed for the majority of his life which is amazing. What is surprising me now is how hard I'm finding it to let go... There are aspects I really loathe about breastfeeding (pumping - you know I'm talking to you!), but ending this ritual also means letting go of the closeness I have with him during each feeding and letting go of the fact that I've been his sole provider for more than a year. Maybe it's my Type A personality (okay - it's my Type A personality...), but I'm surprised it's this hard for me to let this chapter close and truly enjoy the freedom I'll gain with not being tied to the kid or the pump, and relish in making him delicious, nutritious, homemade baby food and getting to stay in bed when he wakes up needing a midnight snack (Daddy - your turn!)
Everyone says that time as a parent goes by so fast. I'm amazed at how true that statement is! Six months has flown by and I can only imagine that it gets faster from here. I am truly blessed to have a little one in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment