Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It Has To Be The Cheese

One more non-clothes post, then back to my mission (and revealing all the cute looks from Book Club Clothes Exchange!), but I had to post about my latest pizza on the grill. This is really my favorite find of the summer and tonight I made one of my favorite pizza recipes - BBQ Chicken Pizza - on the grill.

Here's what you need:

  • Pizza dough (may I suggest the fresh variety from Spinelli's?)
  • BBQ sauce (any variety)
  • Roasted, shredded chicken (I roasted one on Sunday & shredded some for this recipe!)
  • Red onion slices
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese


BBQ Chicken Pizza on the grill. YUM!
Now here's the thing. I pretty much always buy the cheapest store-brand cheese when I shop. It's just my nature. But the past few pizzas I've used the fresh shredded mozzarella from Spinelli's and I'm telling you - there's something AMAZINGLY different about that cheese. It's so creamy and gooey and delicious. The flavor is like nothing I've ever tasted! I'm not kidding - it has to be the cheese. I could eat another slice right now just thinking about it...
Not to be forgotten - our garden continues to rock...
We had fresh cherry tomatoes as a garnish to our pizza!
Basic, easy directions for the above: stretch the dough to fit a pizza stone; lay down a thin layer of sauce (I like just a little sauce - you can use as much as you want!); spread chicken and onion around; layer with cheese. I throw the pizza stone onto the hot grill and close the lid for about 10 minutes. You probably want to pull the pizza off the stone when it's done, as the stone gets really hot and the dough will continue to burn cook unless you pull it off. I just use a grill spatula to pull ours onto a cool cookie sheet.

So delicious and easy to clean up! My favorite find of the summer, confirmed!

2 comments: